Sunday, March 28, 2010

Tacoma's Newest Engine 10

Tacoma Fire Department has invited all interested to attend the Housing Ceremony for the New Engine 10.

What: New Engine 10 Housing Cermony
When: Tuesday March 30, 2010, 09:00
Where: 7247 South Park Ave

The star of this blog, Engine 17, was Tacoma's Engine 10 at the time of her first retirement, in 1987. She was replaced by a lime-green 1987 Thibault pumper, which was (as far as I know) itself replaced at least once before 1996, when E10 then got the pumper that is being retired tomorrow (on the left below).



So Tacoma's new Engine 10 (on the right, above), will be (again, as far as I know) Tacoma's 4th E10 since the venerable American LaFrance was placed into reserve in 1987 and then sold in 1989.

The new pumper looks great!

If I had known about this event a little earlier, I would have tried to bring 17 for an appearance, but I doubt my work schedule would have allowed it anyway.

Hope all who can attend have a good time. Chances are excellent that the gig will be interrupted at least once, though, as 10's is a very busy house!

2 comments:

  1. It was a beautiful ceremony and the weather, though blustery out, cooperated enough to allow us to attend it in relative comfort. Surpisingly, it was not interrupted but that may have been by design. I am sure the city made arrangements to cover. Sorry you were not there with us but for those who would like an account, you can check out my blog post at Flashpointz (in the blog roll to the right of this post) and read What In the World Am I Doing?!

    ReplyDelete